Swedish scientists announced that a diet rich in vegetables can prevent acute pancreatitis. During the 11th annual survey, they collected data from about 80,000 adult respondents. Participants in the study took on average 2 servings of fruit and 2.5 servings of vegetables a day. It was shown that the consumption of vegetables is not related to the prospects for the development of acute pancreatitis, and an increase in the consumption of vegetables (more than 4 meals a day) led to a reduction in the risk of acute pancreatitis by 44%.
The pancreas plays an important role in digestion. The food leaves the stomach and enters the small intestine, where it mixes with the digestive enzymes of the pancreas, which neutralize the stomach acid and prevent damage to the intestine. But this is only the beginning of a story about the importance of the pancreas.
Enzymes produced by the pancreas destroy food so that the body can absorb it. The pancreas produces insulin, which lowers blood sugar and allows you to store energy. Healthy food nourishes and heals the pancreas and prevents painful inflammation of the pancreas – pancreatitis. Here is a list of the healthiest foods for a healthy pancreas.
1. Blueberries, cherries – they are a good source of antioxidants, which protect cells from damage.
2. Broccoli and vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower contain powerful phytochemicals that protect you from cancer.
3. Garlic and onions are a good source of important nutrients that are essential for pancreatic health and cancer prevention.
4. Red grapes are an excellent source of resveratrol, a strong antioxidant. But if you have pancreatic inflammation, avoid red wine and instead use black grapes.
5. Red mushrooms Reishi reduce inflammation, and the Chinese use them to establish a balance in the body.
6. Spinach is a good source of iron and vitamin B, two elements that are necessary for the pancreas. Other green leafy vegetables are also useful.
7. Sweet potatoes and other orange and yellow vegetables, such as carrots, corn and pumpkin, contain ingredients that are essential for the health of the pancreas.
8. Tofu is an excellent example of a protein with a low fat content. The pancreas needs proteins, but too much fat makes it hard to work properly.
9. Tomato soup. You should know that a tomato is an excellent source of vitamin C and other antioxidants. And it is always useful to consume liquids.
10. Yogurt with active cultures is a good source of probiotics – beneficial bacteria that protect the immune and digestive systems. Always consume yogurt without sugar.
- Try these 7 pains in the lumbar region stretched in a row for immediate and prolonged relief after 2 minutes
- 65 reasons why you should always have a bottle of hydrogen peroxide at home (full list)
- Best homemade mosquito repellent – RECIPE
- TAKE THIS, AND NEVER NEVER TO SUFFER FROM SCITICA OR BACK PAIN AGAIN!
- Do this every day for 5 minutes and get rid of fat from the back and under the bra area in just 7 days