Many people care for their elderly parents, more precisely, 30 million households in America currently care for adults over the age of 30. Sometimes it’s stress, but the evidence shows that this is a better option than caring for them.
The reality is not that everyone can arrange their parents the way they want, and there are people who choose a nursing home as the first option for their parents. But, take a look at the following facts before choosing which is best for them.
Shocking nursing home and senior statistics:
- More than 40 percent of residents reported abuses, and more than 90 percent of them reported cases of neglect.
- According to a study conducted in 2010, about half of all caregivers in nursing homes in the US admitted abuse or neglect of elderly patients.
- Half of all certified nursing assistants confessed to verbal abuse, used foul language and shouted at senior residents.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, there were 15,600 homes for the elderly in America and about 1.7 million licensed beds until 2014. By 2030, every fifth person in the US will be over 65, which means 70 million people. As you can see, the ever-growing older population in the US clearly outweighs resources and resources of this kind.
According to the AARP study of 2015, almost all elderly people, or 90%, wanted to grow old in their homes. Only 4 percent of them wanted to grow old in the house of a relative. However, their chances of independent life depend on the quality of their health and the availability of housing.
A large percentage of older persons appreciate such security features as wider doorways (65 percent), entry ramps (77 percent), emergency warning systems (79 percent), bathroom (79 percent) and non-skid floors (80 percent). Unfortunately, most older homes do not offer many of these functions.
Dr. Kenneth J. Dupin is the founder of MEDCottage, the name behind the invention called “Granny Pods”. But before we tell you about these grandmothers, let’s talk a little about MEDCottage.
What is MEDCottage?
MEDCottage was created in response to fears that older people have very limited opportunities to decide how and where they will spend their golden years. Realizing the problem that there will be a period when life alone will become more dangerous than comfort for the elderly, Reverend Dupin came up with a two-fold solution:
- They can maintain their autonomy and dignity no matter how long their mental and physical state allows them.
- Families can be closer to their elderly members and still care for them practically and effectively, without disrupting the work of the bank.
What is “Grandma”?
They are temporary and mobile structures whose purpose is to ensure the safety of life of elderly people and their close relatives.
Currently there are 3 types of grandmothers: Classic, Cottage and Grand. They are all about 12 by 24 feet, and connect to the existing household electrical and plumbing. As the magazine “Country Living” says, “Granny Pods” is a bungalow from the side, but a cozy cozy room on the inside, including a living room, a bed room, a bathroom and a kitchenette.
All 3 types are available and friendly to the elders with soft floors, tablet dispensers, etc., and can be changed to meet a person’s needs. If something goes wrong, you or the guardian will be warned through webcams and monitors of important indicators.
While the average cost of long-term care for private and semi-closed rooms ranges from $ 6,235 to $ 6,969 per month, or $ 205 and $ 230 per day, the Granny Pod installation in the backyard ranges from $ 85,000 to $ 125,000. Although the cost may seem expensive at first glance, ultimately, the grandmother’s pods seem the best option, providing benefits for the whole family.
Via The Hearty Soul / Assets / Nursing Home Abuse Guide / Country of Life / David Wolfe
- Liquid “bomb”, which will cut your waist for the night!
- Save money and avoid toxins with these 72 great applications for simple household products
- The dark secret about marriage Celine Dion is finally revealed, and it’s shocking!
- How to heal a burnt tongue
- 60 seconds of a spoon test: check the internal organs for any diseases!