I think that we can all agree on one thing – we all love tea, right? I know I love it, because my mornings start with a cup of green tea with spearmint. And sometimes, I brew chai tea in the afternoon. Ginger and honey tea is perfect for when my stomach feels queasy. I sip on black tea when I need a pick-me-up. My evenings close with a hot chamomile to help me sleep. Whenever I am in the mood, I bring some cinnamon, peppermint, or detox teas into my day. So, for those people who are as teabag guilty as me, you don’t have to feel bad anymore. Here are multiple ways you can reap as many benefits from the bag than the tea!
11 Ingenious Uses for Teabags:
- Relieves Sunburn– first, you should know that black tea contains an acid that soothes the painful heat from sunburns. How to use it – it’s very simple: you just have to press the cooled tea bag to the skin for instant relief.
- Rejuvenate Tired-Looking Eyes– well, you should definitely skip the coffee after a night of insomnia. And, you should make a black tea instead, and rub the bags around your eyes. The tannins in the tea have a calming effect and can restore your skin!
- Ease Minor Burns– yes, you can easy minor burns as well. For those who sometimes burn themselves while making tea, myself included, the solution is right at your fingertips. Tannins in teabags soothe inflammation created by high heat. Press the cooled bag to the affected area. It will feel better right away.
- Hair Rinse– did you know that pouring tea over your hair is very beneficial to your locks? Well yes, and you should also know that it helps stop dandruff and adds a beautiful shine. In your next shower, scrub you scalp using your favorite tea that was steeped for at least an hour. Try it once, and you will definitely do it again!
- Warts – you should know that the antioxidants in green tea can stop warts from enlarging. How to use it – just simply place a cooled tea bag on the wart and secure it with a bandage or medicine tape. Exchange for a new teabag after fifteen minutes. The wart should come off in a few days.
- Freshen Up Smelly Shoes– Don’t resign yourself to wear sneakers that smell like your last workout. Prevent the odor with a dry tea bag inserted in the shoe. It will absorb any nasty scent.
- Grow Beautiful Roses– the experts say that tannins in teas can reduce the pH levels of soil, preventing fungus from emerging around the base of the plant. The result is magnificent blooms. Simply place tea leaves or a bag around the soil of the plant.
- Clean Dishes– Grimy dishes? Don’t freak out. You just have to soak them overnight with a couple of teabags. This will ease the scrubbing for you the next morning.
- Remove Water Stains from Mirrors– we all know that the bathroom mirrors are always in the splash zone whether from vigorous face-washing, hair-drying, or teeth brushing. To fix this, brew a few tea bags and soak your rag with it. When you wipe your mirror, it will be flawlessly clean!
- Remove Odors from Hands– unfortunately, chopping garlic or onions leave an unpleasant, smelly residue. Try washing your hands with teabags instead of a bar of soap. It will remove more of the odor.
- Sore Gums– One never appreciates how nice it is to have a pain-free mouth until their gums begin throbbing whether from a sickness or surgery. So, in order to soothe the agony, insert teabags into your mouth like gauze pads. The bags will help form a blot clot, reducing the bleeding and swelling.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, and this means one thing – you should definitely keep the tea bags! Well, you can store your used tea bags in a covered jar in the fridge to grab whenever you one. Once you start trying out these uses, you won’t understand how you lived without them! We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank you and have a good one!
- Flower essences to dispel stress, sadness and anxiety.
- After reading this, you will never again throw watermelon seeds!
- This powerful tea is the best natural remedy for swollen feet
- A cure for cancer? – Mina Bissell (Video)
- This woman cured breast cancer in just 6 weeks thanks to this Chinese diet against cancer!