Deficiency of iron appears when your body has a very low level of iron in the body. If the iron is not enough in the body, then it can not produce hemoglobin and it is necessary that the red blood cells transfer oxygen to the tissues. Everyone can develop it, but certain groups of people, such as vegetarians, vegans and those who do not eat meat, are more likely to develop anemia, as meat is an excellent source of iron. Moreover, another risky group is women, as they lose blood during their periods, and they share their supplies with the fetus during pregnancy. In addition, blood donors are at high risk because they give too much blood.
Recognize the symptoms of anemia, iron deficiency:
- Dizziness, delirium, especially when standing, a headache – our blood pressure drops when we get up and oxygen decreases from the brain more. This causes dizziness and nonsense.
- Unusual traction – if you experience unhealthy cravings, then you lack certain nutrients. Your body needs iron if you have unusual addictions to ice, chalk or dirt.
- Restless legs syndrome – accompanied by tingling and crawling in the butt or legs. This is a completely unbearable sensation, which is often a sign of anemia.
- Increased heart rate – heart rhythm is adversely affected in case of anemia. This causes the heart to beat faster, so that it can supply cells with more oxygen.
- Weak and brittle nails – deficiency of iron and nutrients affect your nails. If your nails are strong and healthy, then this indicates that you have the right nutrition and you consume solid nutrients. White and brittle nails are a symptom of anemia.
- Chest pain – anemia or a heart attack can cause chest pain, but no matter what condition you should see in the doctor.
- Often get infected with infections – if the hemoglobin level is low, then it can cause frequent infections that will require more time for recovery or sudden appearance, despite proper care.
- Shortness of breath – this can occur when climbing stairs or doing daily exercises. It is recommended to do more cardio training.
- Weakness and fatigue – if you experience a low level of energy, muscle weakness or unexplained fatigue, which does not disappear the day before with a good rest, then you have iron deficiency.
- Cold feet and hands – you should increase the intake of iron if your fingers or toes often freeze.
What should be done?
The key to preventing nutritional deficiencies is the consumption of a healthy and balanced diet. Include foods that contain iron, like milk, bread, fish, eggs, iron-enriched cereals, leafy vegetables and meat. Other options supplement that you need to discuss with your doctor earlier.
- Save money and avoid toxins with these 72 great applications for simple household products
- The dark secret about marriage Celine Dion is finally revealed, and it’s shocking!
- How to heal a burnt tongue
- 60 seconds of a spoon test: check the internal organs for any diseases!
- Guide to pregnancy during 8 weeks