Tea Jiaogulan is used in traditional Chinese medicine and is a rich source of antioxidants. Some health benefits of this tea: improves endurance, lowers cholesterol, increases immunity, can help prevent cancer, has anti-aging properties and can increase longevity and susceptibility to certain conditions by reducing the production of nitric oxide in the body.
What is Jiaogulan tea?
Tea Jiaogulan, also known as Gynostemmapentaphyllum. It can be bought at most good health food stores and has a taste similar to green tea. It is native to China, where it is often called “southern ginseng” due to comparable medicinal properties. It has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years, while the beneficial effects are reported to include the treatment of inflammation and atherosclerosis.
It is said that people from the mountain regions of southern China drink tea before work to increase energy and endurance, and that many people from Guizhou Province who drank tea lived for more than 100 years. This gave tea a grandiose mysticism in the cities and villages of China for centuries, and some locals even called it “tea of immortality.”
The legendary reputation of tea for delaying the effects of aging was reinforced by the census of China taken during the 1970s. After the investigation it was confirmed that people living in areas where Jiaogulan tea was a popular drink were much more likely to live in their 100 years.
Source Jiaogulan tea- Rich Anti Oxidant:
This effect on longevity may be due to the fact that tea is a proven adaptogen and an antioxidant – it can enhance a person’s ability to cope with the physiological effects of stress and respond to them. Recent studies have also shown that tea can have anti-cancer properties; Because of its ability to act as an antioxidant and directly affect the death (apoptosis) of cancer cells.
The antioxidant effect was demonstrated in a study by Wang & amp; Luo in 2007, and Razmovski-Naumovski et al, 2005, who attributed the antioxidant value of tea, to a substance called “giposide”, a type of saponin.
Saponins are phytochemicals that have a beneficial effect on cholesterol, the immune system and the prevention of cancer. They have a distinctive ability to produce foam when soaked in water and are found on several plants, such as legumes and yucca. There are several studies to suggest that saponins can help prevent cancer, especially colon cancer.
The health benefits of Jiaogulan tea:
1. Adaptogen – tea helps to neutralize the physical effects of stress and fatigue, and also increases stamina.
2. Lowering the cholesterol level – saponins contained in the leaves help to lower cholesterol in the blood, combining with secondary bile acid and cholesterol and not allowing the body to absorb them.
3. Booster immunity – the antioxidant properties of tea, and saponins inside the leaves help boost the immune system.
4. May help prevent cancer – Hypenoside has been linked to the death of cancer cells and can especially help prevent bowel cancer.
5. Anti-aging – due to its ability to purify free radicals and act as an antioxidant; Tea can potentially prevent some of the effects of aging. It was also suggested that tea can increase life expectancy and susceptibility to certain conditions by reducing the production of nitric oxide in the body.
While jiaogulan tea may not have gained the popularity of similar green tea; This, of course, has many noteworthy health benefits that justify his attempt. What makes jiaogulan unique from other teas is the huge array of health benefits that it offers. From reducing cholesterol, to treating diabetes, insomnia and bronchitis, think about the next time to choose someone from a health food store or a Chinese herbalist.
- Try these 7 pains in the lumbar region stretched in a row for immediate and prolonged relief after 2 minutes
- 65 reasons why you should always have a bottle of hydrogen peroxide at home (full list)
- Best homemade mosquito repellent – RECIPE
- TAKE THIS, AND NEVER NEVER TO SUFFER FROM SCITICA OR BACK PAIN AGAIN!
- Do this every day for 5 minutes and get rid of fat from the back and under the bra area in just 7 days