Although there is currently a wide choice of healthy food and superfoods to choose from, many of us are not yet connected to this healthy diet and, as a rule, to this healthy lifestyle. Fast food still keeps us and makes us difficult to go for broccoli instead of hamburger.
Many healthy sources are still unknown to most of us, as they oppose aggressive marketing in the field of fast food, which does the opposite. Over the past few decades, we have become much better in terms of striving for a healthier diet, carefully choosing our food and taking care of our well-being.
Nevertheless, we are still struggling with a huge industry and expect that they will proclaim some component useful and healthy, so we often forget about the infinite source that we have – nature.
The food that most of us grow in our own gardens is extremely useful, and we do not wait for it to be approved by the US Department of Agriculture before we begin to consume it. Food can be healthy or catastrophic, and we must always remember that we are the only ones who are responsible for our health.
People should start thinking out of the box and behind the store shelves when it comes to eating. Using nature as much as we can, we will improve our health and at the same time save the Planet.
Many people do not know this weed, but, in truth, it’s not just a weed. Although we have it in our gardens, we do not know about it. Portulaca oleracea or Purslane was first cultivated in Persia and India, and now it is everywhere.
He usually grows on his own, and he has attractive leaves, and sometimes yellow flowers. Although you might notice it somewhere, you probably did not know about its nutritional value and healthy benefits.
It can grow almost everywhere, and you can check it under verdologists, parsley, a falter, a wild harness and a duckweed. It is not yet popular in North America and has a 2-month vegetation period.
Although many people try to remove it from their gardens, they can try to include it in their diet. We are sure that as soon as they try, they will not stop using it. Its taste resembles a lemon, and it is crunchy. You can use its leaves as a replacement for spinach or even better in sandwiches.
This weed has pectin in its content, which is good not only for thickening soups and stews, but also for lowering cholesterol. It forms a low-fat pesto without requiring too much oil. Purslane gradually takes its place in the kitchen, and Marlena Spieler, a New York Times writer, described how people use this weed:
Verdolaga is consumed with tomatillos and pork in California and Mexico; Pourpier is sold by farmers in the province in wild mescaline; At the Ferry Plaza farm in San Francisco, the owner of Rancho Gordo New World Specialty Food in Napa uses several stems in his carnites and tomato tamale.
Semizotu is used in Turkey in combination with garlic yoghurt and is added to attractive salads with ripe tomatoes; In Greece they collect glystrides; Regelah was presumably used in salads in the Galilee.
People basically use this weed, fresh in salads, or stewed and slightly roasted, because of its appearance. It tastes delicious, and once you learn about its health benefits, you will like it even more. Despite its small size, this weed, which is part of a group of vegetables, has great nutritional values and great health benefits.
Benefit for health
1. This weed is a powerful antioxidant. It contains a large amount of vitamin B complex, such as carotenoids, niacin, pyridoxine and riboflavin, vitamin C, magnesium, iron and calcium. It also contains huge antioxidants and antimutagens: alkaloid pigments (red beta-cyanide) and yellow beta-xanthines. In addition, it contains a large amount of vitamin A, responsible for vision and preventing cancer of the mouth and lungs.
2. Believe it or not, its content includes omega-3 fatty acids more than any other vegetarianism. These acids can reduce the risk of anomalies in children, such as ADHD and autism. 100 grams of portolac leaves contain 350 milligrams of alpha-linolenic acid.
3. Purslane is great for metabolism. It has been shown that it contains a small amount of calories, improves metabolism, has excellent flavors and provides the necessary nutrients in our body.
People often spend a lot of money on expensive supplements, but as you can see, this weed improves our health in many ways, so it may be best for us. In addition, you can easily include it in your diet.
The table below shows a detailed profile of the nutrients in the raw, fresh piston.
According to the US Department of Agriculture on nutrients, this nutritional value per 100 grams of Purslane
Through the Diet of Life / Nutrition and You / Eat Local Grown / Collective Evolution
- Liquid “bomb”, which will cut your waist for the night!
- Save money and avoid toxins with these 72 great applications for simple household products
- The dark secret about marriage Celine Dion is finally revealed, and it’s shocking!
- How to heal a burnt tongue
- 60 seconds of a spoon test: check the internal organs for any diseases!