Growing a lemon tree is possible regardless of where you live, because even if you live in the north, where long cold winters, you can always put a lemon tree in your house or garage.
In addition to the health benefits that their fruit brings, lemon trees look beautiful – they have interesting dark green leaves and white flowers. In addition, they also produce a refreshing and pleasant aroma.
Grow your lemon tree
In case you want to grow your own lemon tree, you need to get the following:
- Organic lemon, because the inorganic usually have a high percentage of seeds that do not germinate.
- 6 inches deep and 6 inches wide by the can.
- 12 inches deep and 24 inches wide pot of seedling.
- Potting soil with a high fertility rate. The soil, which contains vermiculite, peat, perlite and natural fertilizers, is a good example of such soil.
- Possible placement in a room that is exposed to the sun and growth lamps.
Now let’s take a closer look at the procedure for growing lemon trees:
- Make sure that the humidification soil is sufficiently moistened. Make it damp, but not soaked.
- Use this soil in a small pot and leave one inch below the free edge.
- Cut the organic lemon and remove its seed. Get rid of cellulose from the surface. The easiest way is to suck it until it is completely clean.
- Plant the seed as soon as possible. Keep in mind that the seeds should be moist when you plant them in the soil. Plant it in the center of the pot about half a meter below the surface.
- Use a sprayer to spray the soil over the seeds with water. Do this carefully, because you only need to moisten the place.
- Use a plastic film to cover the pot and gently cover the edges using a rubber band. Use a pencil to create small holes above the ground.
- Take the pot on the place you picked earlier (warm, exposed to the sun)
- Use a sprayer to moisten the soil. Do not create puddles. Just use a sprayer if you notice that the soil can dry out.
- In 15 days a sprout should appear. This is when you need to remove the plastic cover. In case you can not find a place that is sunny enough, you can always use a special growing light that can replace natural light.
- Keep the soil moist when you can. You also need to make sure that the lemon tree is exposed to sunlight for at least 8 hours a day. Use smaller doses of organic fertilizers from time to time.
- Make sure your plant is safe from diseases or errors. Remove dead leaves if necessary. Use pesticides only when there is no other choice.
- As soon as the lemon tree grows enough, put it in a large saucepan. The transplant procedure is more or less the same as for the first landing. In general, young plants require more water, but they all require proper watering. Do not forget to check your plant and equip it with everything you need as soon as it grows. He still needs your help.
After a while your own work will bring you results – you will have your own lemon tree. Of course, you can always buy lemons in the grocery store, but all the experience that you get during this process is priceless.
In addition, you will get organic and fresh lemons, you will get a pleasant scent in your home and a beautiful decoration too.
Here you can find many interesting and useful articles about lemons.
- Eat ¼ tsp of this spice to fall asleep faster
- Lemon-Ginger-Avocado Breakfast smoothies for effective fat burning, fighting cancer and removing heavy metals
- Eliminate scarring from any part of your body in less than a month
- Boost your energy and balance emotions with these exercises of hands
- Only select people have this on their body: look closely at the second toe. That’s what it means!