Ear infections cause acute, intense, dull or piercing pain. You can detect them right away, or you can try to figure out the reason why your child cries and pulls the earlobe.
Earaches are always a painful and unpleasant problem, which often makes you try everything you can find in the medicine cabinet, even antibiotics, to soothe pain and discomfort.
However, you do not need to use antibiotics to relieve ear pain, since you can treat it completely in a natural way.
The newest recommendations of the AAP are that pain in the ears should be treated, focusing on pain management, rather than using antibiotics. In most cases, ear infections pass by themselves, and antibiotics can lead to antibiotic-resistant infections.
The most common causes of pain in the ear are cavities, tonsillitis, sinus infections and teeth. The most common infection is acute otitis media or AOM.
This is manifested by infections and blisters of the middle ear.
The pain is caused by the trapped fluid behind the tympanic membrane. Its most common symptoms include fever, small hearing loss, ear pain, or a feeling of pain. In the case of small children and babies, you can detect it if they are restless and pulling the ear.
This is the 10 best natural remedies for ear pain:
Onion is one of the most affordable home remedies for the ear. Antiseptic and antibacterial properties of onions are well suited for the treatment of a problem.
- Take one tablespoon of onion juice from grated onions and heat it over low heat. Then 2-3 drops of juice in the affected ear 2-3 times a day.
- Crush the fresh onion and wrap it tightly with a piece of clean cloth. Hold the tissue over the infected ear for about 5-10 minutes. Repeat the process several times a day.
Related: Magic Bow: Things You Did not Know Onions Can Do
2. Hydrogen peroxide
You must absorb a cotton swab and add a few drops to the painful ear. This will lead to the removal of garbage, and you can then irrigate this area with warm water.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Soft antibacterial properties present in the tea tree oil can instantly alleviate the pain in the ears. To treat ear infection, follow these steps.
- Mix three drops of tea tree oil, two tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of colloidal silver, and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Heat the mixture slightly.
- Put on your side, head on a towel. Using a dropper, fill the ear with a mixture and leave for five minutes. Then turn around and put it on the other side so that the mixture flows out of your ear completely.
- Follow this medication two to three times a day for two days.
Strong antibiotic and analgesic properties of garlic can effectively soothe ear infection. Add a teaspoon of chopped garlic to 2 tablespoons of some butter and heat the mixture. Apply 2-3 drops to the painful ear.
Related: Garlic kills 14 types of cancer and 13 types of infection.
5. Apple cider vinegar
To get rid of the fungus, which can cause an ear infection, apple cider vinegar is a good option.
- Mix one part of apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water or alcohol. Soak a cotton swab in the solution.
- Place the cotton swab in your ear like a fork, and leave it for five minutes.
- Remove the cotton ball and lie on its opposite side to drain the liquid from the ear. Use a dryer to dry your ears as much as possible.
If apple cider vinegar is not available, you can use white vinegar. If the cause of an ear infection is in Eustachian tubes, try gargling with apple cider vinegar.
Ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can be useful in treating ear infections. It is also an excellent natural pain killer.
- Extract the juice from fresh ginger and put it directly in your ears to get rid of the pain and reduce inflammation.
- You can also mix one teaspoon of fresh grated ginger root with two tablespoons of olive oil. Let it brew for 5-10 minutes, then put a few drops of oil in your sore ear.
7. Bishop’s weed
Episcopal weed, also known as ajwain, is another effective natural remedy for the ear, since it has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties.
- Mix one teaspoon of weed oil with three teaspoons of sesame oil and a little warm. Place a few drops of the oil mixture in your ear.
- Heat two teaspoons of mustard oil and add half a teaspoon of Bishop weed and a couple of garlic flakes. Heat the mixture until the garlic turns red. Filter it and put a few drops in your ear, like ear drops
You can use hot water bubbles to treat earaches, or you can prepare heat packets and apply them to your ear. Place the popcorn or rice in a small pouch or an old sock, seal and heat in short flashes. Then, hold the packet on the affected ear.
Due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic properties, basil is considered good for relieving pain in the ears.
- Crush some basil leaves and extract the juice.
- Place three or four drops of this juice in a sore ear.
- Repeat once or twice a day.
10. Olive oil
Olive oil can provide rapid relief from pain in the ear. It serves as a lubricant and helps to get rid of the infection in the ear. Olive oil can also be helpful in stopping buzzing sensations inside the ears.
- Put 3-4 drops of warm olive oil, like ear drops in the ear canal.
- In addition, you can dip a cotton swab in the oil and put it tightly in your ear.
You can also use mustard oil in the same way.
Salt is probably the most affordable remedy for a home.
- Heat one cup of salt in a frying pan over low heat for a few minutes. You can also heat it in a microwave oven or a dual-circuit boiler.
- Place the hot salt on the fabric and seal the open end of the elastic band (or knot the knot).
- When it’s tolerably hot, fold and place the tissue on the affected ear for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat this medication daily as many times as necessary. The heat produced by the socks will help to remove liquid from the ear and to remove swelling and pain.
Alternatively, you can use one cup of rice in the same way as described above.
These drugs can help in the treatment of small ear infections. If there is no improvement within a few days, consult a doctor.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. If you find this information useful, share it with your friends and family. Your support in our efforts to exchange free information will be highly appreciated.
- Try these 7 pains in the lumbar region stretched in a row for immediate and prolonged relief after 2 minutes
- 65 reasons why you should always have a bottle of hydrogen peroxide at home (full list)
- Best homemade mosquito repellent – RECIPE
- TAKE THIS, AND NEVER NEVER TO SUFFER FROM SCITICA OR BACK PAIN AGAIN!
- Do this every day for 5 minutes and get rid of fat from the back and under the bra area in just 7 days