Before we begin with this article, you should know that our nails are a very important part of our body! Why – because our nails can carry the symptoms of many diseases, including cancer. But you do not have to worry, because we will not talk about the symptoms or any diseases in this article! Can I ask you a simple question – does the name sound lunula in any bell? Did you notice the whitish crescent at the end of the nail? This is not just a change in the area of the pigment under the nails; In fact, this is a very sensitive area, and you should make sure that it is not damaged. In this article, we will tell you 10 facts (you should know) about the lunula:
- First you should know that the sickle-shaped whitish region of our nail, which the eye perceives as a white crescent, is a very sensitive and extremely important part of the nail’s structure! As we said, you must be very careful, and this part should not be damaged.
- This part of the crescent is called a lunula (a small moon in Latin), and this is a very sensitive part of the nail.
- This part looks white, because it is the fifth basal layer of the epidermis and actually “hides” the blood vessels located below.
- This is most noticeable on the thumb, but not all the lunula are visible. In some cases, eponychium, a thickened layer of skin surrounding the nails and toenails, can partially or completely cover the lunula.
- Lulula is actually the visible part of the root of the nail and should not be damaged in any way, because if you damage it, the entire nail will be deformed.
- Many experts around the world believe that the lulun can reveal very important information about our overall health status. For example, traditional Chinese medicine believes that the absence of a lunula indicates anemia and malnutrition, while a pale or bluish lunula indicates a possible diabetes. If a person has a lunula with reddish spots, he or she may suffer from cardiovascular diseases.
- The absence of a lunula or a really small crescent shape usually indicates dyspepsia, which can occur due to slow metabolism and toxin overload in the body.
- Quantity – it would be better to have 8 to 10 lunules on both hands. Shape – it would be better to take the area of one-fifth of the nail. Color is better than ivory. The whiter, the better, which indicates that a person is stronger
- Normal nails should be reddish, restrained, rigid, arched, smooth and shiny with a clear lunula, which indicates whether the person is energetic and healthy. The more energetic a person is, the whiter he lunules; On the contrary, the lunula is poor and vague.
- In general, the lunula occupies an area about one-fifth of the nail and has a distinct edge. Lunula usually reports a person’s illness in the form of a discoloration or a vanishing crescent. After a person regains health from regulation, a small moon will gradually appear again. The less a person has lunula, the lower his energy and health and immunity, so that it is more likely that he / she will feel tired. If the lulul appears only on the thumbs, this indicates that physical energy is inadequate and the illness will soon come.
- Save money and avoid toxins with these 72 great applications for simple household products
- The dark secret about marriage Celine Dion is finally revealed, and it’s shocking!
- How to heal a burnt tongue
- 60 seconds of a spoon test: check the internal organs for any diseases!
- Guide to pregnancy during 8 weeks