Carambola or star fruits from the Malay Peninsula, but people from Southeast Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean and the southern US are well acquainted with this. It has a yellowish color when it is ripe and provides a sweet and sour taste, like a combination of pineapple, pear, citrus and grapes. It contains 31 calories per 100 g and contains many nutrients such as niacin, folate, lutein, antioxidants, vitamin C, B, riboflavin, iron, zinc, potassium, manganese and calcium.
What are the health benefits of star fruit?
- Insomnia struggles and improves sleep – magnesium, which it contains, is necessary for a healthy and restful sleep. If you have trouble falling asleep, you should consume this fruit.
- Useful for fetal development – folic acid or vitamin B9, which it contains, is very useful for pregnant women and infants. It is necessary in the first months of pregnancy, as it helps with the development of the neural tube and the brain of the child. Fruits should be consumed after delivery to help in the formation of breast milk.
- It provides antimicrobial properties – according to numerous studies, the fetus is able to successfully combat disorders caused by salmonella, staphylococcus, Staphylococcus aureus, E. coli and pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Strengthens the immune system – vitamin C in this fruit promotes a strengthened immune system, protecting against viral diseases such as colds, flu and others.
- Improves digestion – the amount of fiber in starfruits helps in digestive problems, as they purify the intestine and bind large amounts of water, preventing constipation. To improve digestion, use it after heavy meals.
- Reduces cholesterol – the star fruits are filled with fiber, useful for the health of your heart. They lower bad cholesterol, the main cause of blockage of the arteries. It also increases the level of good cholesterol.
- Regulates hypertension – low sodium content (the main enemy of blood pressure) and a large amount of potassium helps in regulating blood pressure.
- Controls diabetes – diabetics can consume fruits without causing sugar spikes, because fruits contain low levels of sugar. In addition, fiber in star fruit will help prevent the rapid absorption of glucose from the intestine, while the level of sugar in the blood will maintain constant throughout the day.
- Improves eyesight – vitamin A in carabmola promotes perfect health for the eyes.
- Perfect for the skin – fruits contain flavonoids that can help you have healthy skin and prevent diseases such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis. The fruit will also help you with acne problems due to the large amount of zinc it contains.
NOTE: People who suffer from kidney failure, kidney disease or kidney dialysis should not consume this fruit because of the large amount of oxalic acid that can cause vomiting, confusion and nausea. In addition, when taking medications such as opiates, benzodiazepines or satin fibers, you should be careful, since fruits can interfere with them.
- Eat ¼ tsp of this spice to fall asleep faster
- Lemon-Ginger-Avocado Breakfast smoothies for effective fat burning, fighting cancer and removing heavy metals
- Eliminate scarring from any part of your body in less than a month
- Boost your energy and balance emotions with these exercises of hands
- Only select people have this on their body: look closely at the second toe. That’s what it means!