Okra is one of the exotic vegetables that are widely available. Also known as female fingers and with the scientific name Abelmoschus esculentus, okra is used in stews to thicken them.
There are also many recipes that show this vegetable mainly because of the sentimental material from the seed pod. Whatever recipe you try, okra among vegetables that underestimate the value when it comes to health benefits.
Okra against diabetes
The study, published in the Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences 2011, showed that the extracts of the color can be converted into a phytomedical plant, which can help in the control of diabetes mellitus. Since the incidence of diabetes is only a tumor, many are looking for ways to get rid of this disease. And one of them – with the help of okra, and he does it in the following ways:
- High in dietary fiber: Okra has a large amount of fiber. In fact, only eight medium pods contain three grams of nutrients. Fiber has many benefits, including reducing hunger for hunger, helps digestion, and keep you fuller for a longer time. Foods rich in fiber are important in diabetics diets, as science has proven that the nutrient can improve glycemic control while increasing insulin sensitivity.
- Anti-Stress: You may think that this has nothing to do with the treatment of diabetes, but stress really plays an important role in the development of the disease. It is reported that the extracts of vegetable seeds contain antioxidants, which can cause anti-stress effects. Remember that with prolonged stress, blood sugar levels can rise. This is why mental health is important for diabetics and their treatment plan.
- Lower cholesterol: according to the American Heart Association, diabetics usually have an unhealthy level of cholesterol. Okra was studied using rodents, and it was found that the vegetable can control the cholesterol level in mice. This is due to the high content of fibers and antioxidants in okra.
Other applications of the augers
Okra is useful not only for diabetics, but also for improving overall health. This can help prevent kidney disease, as proven by science. This can even improve the chances of getting pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. It is also rich in calcium, which can improve the health of bones and teeth. Okra also helps boost the immune system because of its high content of vitamin C.
- Blue lotus flowers: the sacred way The Egyptians received a high
- 9 Best Exercises to Lose Internal Thighs at Home
- This remedy for removing warts and skin tags is easy and painlessly cheap, and you have it at home!
- You will be surprised how people with color blindness see the world (10+ photos)
- This message of the day of the emotional father, written by Virat Koli, will leave you in tears