Fibrous tumors are muscular tumors that grow in the wall of the uterus. About 20% to 80% of women develop fibroids when they reach the age of 50 years. Fibrous tumors exist as a single tumor. Sometimes they can be a lot in the uterus. The size of fibroids may vary. There are several factors that can lead to the development of fibroids: 1
- Age: more often than the age of a woman.
- Obesity: Overweight women are more likely.
- Ethnic origin: African American women are at higher risk.
- Habits in eating: women who eat a lot of red meat and hams, probably develop fibroids.
Not all women with fibroid have symptoms. But some women will have the following symptoms.
1. Abnormal menstrual bleeding
Severe bleeding is the most common symptom of fibroids. It can be heavy enough to cause anemia. Women with fibroids may also have painful periods. They may experience abnormal bleeding between menstrual periods. If menstrual periods last more than a week, they should seek medical help.
2. Pelvic pain
The feeling of severe pain in the abdomen, pelvis or lower back may be a warning sign of fibroid. If you have pain during intercourse, you need to see a doctor.
3. Urinary problems
Frequent urination and leakage of urine are other signs of fibroids. Women with fibroid will experience difficulty in emptying the bladder.
4. Other symptoms
Infertility is sometimes associated with fibroids. However, this is rare. During pregnancy, women with fibroids will have a hard time. Because of this, certain complications of pregnancy occur, such as placental abruption and fetal growth restriction.2 There is also a risk of premature birth.
Uterine fibroids are usually not dangerous. In most cases, these tumors are not malignant. However, if you have these irritating symptoms, consult your doctor.
|1.||↑||Uterine fibroids. Womenshealth.gov.|
|2.||↑||Symptom and causes. Mayoclinic.org.|
- Save money and avoid toxins with these 72 great applications for simple household products
- The dark secret about marriage Celine Dion is finally revealed, and it’s shocking!
- How to heal a burnt tongue
- 60 seconds of a spoon test: check the internal organs for any diseases!
- Guide to pregnancy during 8 weeks