A man, awash with worms, from eating this common meal!

We all enjoy our dinner from time to time. Sashimi, spicy tuna roll, or salmon skin Delicious Delicious roll. One of those who loved delicacy left his entire body filled with parasitic worms. A Chinese man went to the doctor with complaints that his stomach is hurting, and that his skin itches. With a full examination of the body, it was found, to a great horror, that his whole body was infected.

All fish contain a Diphyllobothrium worm, it is a type of worm that can cause a disease known as Diphyllobothriasis, when consuming raw or undercooked fish. Symptoms, if they occur, include abdominal discomfort or pain, diarrhea, weakness and weight loss. Yes, it can be fatal if the worms get into the brain. Once a person becomes infected, the tapeworm will grow, and it can survive for several years until it is detected within a few weeks or months.

Many studies show that eating raw or boiled fish can lead to a variety of parasitic infections, and some even show that eating boiled fish can trigger a reaction within the body.

Tapeworm infections occur after swallowing diphyllobothrium larvae, in freshwater fish such as salmon, although pickled and smoked fish can also transmit the worm.

Be sure there is treatment: standard treatment for diphyllobothriasis, as well as many other tapeworm infections, is a single dose of Praziquantel, 5-10 mg / kg PO once for adults and children. Alternative treatment is Nichlosamide, 2 g PO once for adults or 50 mg / kg PO once. It should be noted that Praziquantel is not approved by the FDA for this mark, and Niclosamide is not available for human use in the United States. Another interesting potential diagnostic tool and treatment is the contrast medium Gastrografin, introduced into the duodenum, which allows both visualization of the parasite and, as has been shown, to cause rejection and passage of the worm.

Recommended Pages

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *