It turns out that baking is one of the favorite hobbies in the world.
However, many people tend to bake treats that are not very healthy, even if they know about this fact.
If you really like delicacies, you should know that there are healthier versions than regular ones.
In addition, these healthier recipes do not contain expensive ingredients, and they are not very complex.
A healthy recipe that becomes very popular among people of all ages is the recipe for sweet potatoes.
These cakes are vegetarian-friendly, gluten-free and, more importantly, very tasty!
The recipe, which we will share in this article, contains natural sweeteners, which are a safe alternative to artificial sweeteners. But is there anything else that makes this recipe healthy?
Benefits of sweet potatoes
1. Natural sweetness and support of sugar control in the blood
If you want to reduce your sugar intake and love sweets, the taste of sweet potatoes will probably make you feel guilty, but the truth is that sweet potatoes are great for people with type 2 diabetes, despite their relatively high glycemic index.
2. Anti-inflammatory effects
Anthocyanin is a compound that gives a specific color of sweet potato, but this compound also provides an excellent anti-inflammatory effect. The benefits of this compound are felt most in the nervous tissue and brain.
3. Minerals and vitamins
In addition, sweet potatoes are packed with vitamin C and vitamin A, which means that they are ideal for the immune system. Sweet potatoes also contain vitamins B1, B3, B2 and B6.
Finally, sweet potatoes are loaded with copper, manganese, fiber, potassium and phosphorus, compounds that support the digestive system, preserve our blood and maintain our overall health.
Now here’s another funny fact – maple syrup comes with more than 50 antioxidants that protect the body from the negative effects of free radicals, which often lead to cancer and diabetes.
Delicious sweet potato cakes
- Half a cup of peanut butter (this is the best idea to use cashews or almond oil)
- One cup of sweet potatoes (mashed potatoes)
- Two tablespoons of maple syrup
- One handful of locust chips (optional)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder.
Turn the oven to 350 degrees to warm it up. Take a small bun or a pie pan and grease it. Take the walnut oil and pour out the maple syrup and melt it on the stove. Take a large bowl and pour the melted peanut butter mixed with maple syrup, mashed sweet potatoes and cocoa powder and mix well. Put the chocolate chips.
Take the mixture and pour it into a greased pan and bake for about 20 minutes until you notice that the mixture is cooked evenly. Remove the frying pan and wait until it completely cools before you cut it and store it in the refrigerator.
Buns are delicious when they are cooled properly. Keep them in the fridge or fridge and enjoy this delicious healthy treat.
Through Healthy Holistic Living / WhFoods / The World of Big Man / Pure Canadian Maple
- How to use the R-I-C-E method to quickly get rid of swollen ankles, legs and feet
- 5 Ways to Show Emotional Support to Someone in Pain
- That’s what happens when you shine with a laser on the blackest material ever created
- Put some Vicks VapoRub on garlic cloves. Cause? You will regret that you did not know this before!
- 7 simple yoga stretch marks for calming pain in the lumbar region