There is no question nuts are some of the healthiest foods on the planet. They have a number of health benefits, but at the same time they are the perfect snack that will help you fully before the next meal. For example, nut oil is just one delicious way to take advantage of the many benefits of nuts. In addition, it is well combined with bakery products, fruit cocktails and simple snacks.
But commercial nut oil is not only expensive, but also loaded with additives, such as canola oil and preservatives. Creating your own nut oil is the best alternative. As an added bonus, you can use the recipe below to make seed oil as well.
Step # 1. Soaking and drying
If you want a better result, start with this step; However, you can also not include it in the process. What you get from soaking nuts and seeds is the best quality product, because soaking removes the protective nutrients on the outside of the seed. These anti-nutrients actually protect seeds from pests and untimely germination. But when ingested, they bind to minerals, reducing their bioavailability in the body. In addition, soaking nuts improves your body’s ability to digest them.
The good thing about soaking is that it does not require constant attention; Just cover the nuts or seeds with water and let it sit. The time required differs from nuts to nuts.
- Almond: 8-12 hours
- Pecan: 4-6 h
- Macadamia Nuts: 8h
- Brazilian nuts: no soaking required
- Cashew nuts: 2 hours
- Peanuts: 8h
- Hazelnut: 8h
- Pistachios: no soaking required
- Walnuts: 4 hours
Although most seeds usually take 4-5 hours for aging, you can also leave them overnight.
The next thing you do after soaking is to dry the nuts / seeds on a clean kitchen towel. Pat dry, then use a dehydrator to remove all moisture. You can also put them on a baking tray and bake at 150 ° F for 12-14 hours.
Step # 2 Fried nuts or seeds (optional)
Step 2 is important for improving the taste and texture of the nut oil. In addition, at this step, the oil is extracted, which facilitates its processing and turns into an oil.
There are two ways to roast nuts / seeds. One is to fry them in a dry saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes, throwing them often to avoid burning. Two – bake them at a temperature of 300 ° F for 10-15 minutes, shaking the baking tray every 3-5 minutes to avoid burning.
Step # 3 Simple homemade nuts / seed oil
The good thing about this recipe is that it is easy to adapt, which means that you can combine different nuts or seeds or even add other ingredients such as dried fruit, honey or vanilla. Using hazelnuts and a spoonful of cocoa, you can easily turn it into Nutella.
- 2-3 cups of nuts and / or seeds of your choice
- 1-2 extra virgin coconut oil or butter of your choice
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- Mix the nuts / seeds in the food processor, while still hot.
- Break the nuts, pulsating at high speed. Make sure that you regularly take breaks to avoid burning the engine. In addition, clean the sides of the container before mixing
- When you get a fine powder, add butter and mix until creamy and smooth. Adding water or milk will ruin your oil too quickly.
- At the end, add salt and flavor and mix until well mixed.
- Adding 1-2 crushed / roasted nuts or seeds will make your oil crunchy. Mix them instead of pulsating.
- Store the oil in a jar and store it in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- 5 common reasons for the appearance of cellulite from nowhere (and 2-component cream to fight cellulite)
- How alkaline water kills cancer cells and how to cook it
- No more bad breathing, bacteria and plaque in the mouth with just one object
- The Lost City of Antarctic Shock Claims A massive civilization exists under the mile of ice
- INCREDIBLE! She started using turmeric around the eyes. In 10 minutes something incredible happened!