Chronic pain lasts for months or even years. He has no preventive role and disrupts the daily activities of the patient. This drastically reduces the quality of life. Chronic pain is not a symptom, but an independent disease. If acute pain is our best friend, chronic pain is our greatest enemy.
Fortunately, you are not defenseless when it comes to chronic pain. A simple change in your diet and a better choice of food can make a huge difference. It’s good to note that there is food that can increase chronic pain and food that can help you alleviate this pain.
Below is a list of these products.
Products that can cause chronic pain
1. Fried foods. It is true that fried foods taste good and that the oils used in this process are rich in omega-6 fatty acids, but regularly eat this kind of food. Omega-6 fatty acids can be useful, but only if they are consumed at the same level as omega-3 fatty acids. Most people do not observe this balance, and therefore many of them experience inflammation or even chronic pain.
2. Beer. You can find many articles claiming that beer is useful. Unlike other alcoholic beverages, beer contains some useful ingredients. However, if you drink beer in large quantities, you will significantly increase the likelihood of getting gout. The reason for this is simple – a high level of purines in beer. Avoid drinking more than two beers per week.
3. Processed food products. Sometimes it is useful to eat foods from a box or jar. You only need to open the package, and you can have dinner or dinner. However, it is also good to note that processed foods can lead to chronic pain and inflammation. It contains trans fats, gluten, omega-6 fatty acids, etc.
4. Gluten. We mentioned gluten as one of the factors that can cause chronic pain, but this ingredient has a different effect on different people. Many people who are sensitive to gluten should definitely avoid this ingredient. Processed food, rye, barley and wheat are some of the foods where you can find gluten.
5. Aspartame. Although this artificial sweetener (also known as NutraSweet) is better than using large amounts of sugar, its consumption can lead to chronic pain and headaches.
6. Trans fats. Trans fats are polyunsaturated vegetable oils, which are processed in order to be stable at room temperature. There are many negative effects of using trans fats, and one of them is their contribution to the appearance of chronic pain.
7. Sugar. A high sugar content in the diet will increase the amount of final glycation products (the advanced end of glycation) that are formed by binding glucose molecules to the protein. Proteins become hard and hard, which leads to pain.
8. Products to which you are sensitive or allergic. If you eat food that you have an allergy to, you destabilize your insulin and low blood sugar, which increases inflammation. The most common allergens are gluten, wheat, dairy products, potatoes and sugar.
9. Caffeine. Caffeine and some other stimulants are often used when people do not have enough energy. They have good short-term results, but, unfortunately, their consumption in large quantities can lead to inflammation and chronic pain.
10. Unhealthy food. Unwanted food should be avoided, not only to protect yourself from chronic pain, but also to maintain the health of your body.
Products that can relieve chronic pain
1. Avocado. These exotic fruits have many different vitamins, but what makes them especially good for chronic pain is the presence of vitamin K.
2. Raw walnuts. Raw walnuts contain a large amount of omega-3 fatty acids. As we mentioned earlier, people should constantly maintain a balance between omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids. Usually, the body contains more omega-6 fatty acids, so we need to find good sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Dark leafy green leaves. Kale, spinach, Swiss chard and chestnuts are some examples of leafy greens that can help you with chronic pain. They do not have much taste, but contain a large amount of antioxidants. They will help the body to fight free radicals and help you feel better.
4. Sea vegetables. Fucoidans is the most important ingredient in sea vegetables, at least when it comes to chronic pain. In addition, these vegetables contain a small amount of iron and vitamin B.
5. Ginger. Ginger is especially useful for chronic pain that appears in the muscles. According to some studies, ginger can relieve osteoarthritis and stomach pain. Ginger also kills cancer cells of the ovary and prostate by 56% more than chemotherapy.
6. Acai berries. Just like leafy green, Acai berries are rich in antioxidants. In addition, they have omega-3 fatty acids, which make them a real chronic painkiller.
7. Turmeric. This is something that has a pleasant taste and gives positive results against chronic pain. Turmeric is especially useful for abdominal pain and pain caused by osteoarthritis. Science also confirms that turmeric is effective, as well as many other medicines. Also you can try this recipe of turmeric with icing.
8. Cherries. Recent research has confirmed that cherry and cherry juice are rich in antioxidants. Cherry juice provides the best results for patients suffering from osteoarthritis. The only downside is that the cherry has a short season, but keep in mind that you can always find them frozen and make delicious cocktails instead.
9. A seed of flax. These seeds contain a large amount of omega-3 fatty acids. As mentioned earlier, omega-3 fatty acids have a positive effect on inflammation, which ultimately means they are good against chronic pain. You can use flaxseed in salads and soups.
10. Red grapes. Finally, you can use this delicious fruit. Red grapes contain resveratrol. It is believed that this chemical composition has anti-inflammatory properties. The same chemical compound can be found in peanuts and berries. Several studies have shown that resveratrol protects cells from inflammation. Some experts suggest using a combination of red grapes and turmeric for best results.
We hope that these tips will also help you get rid of chronic pain!
- Liquid “bomb”, which will cut your waist for the night!
- Save money and avoid toxins with these 72 great applications for simple household products
- The dark secret about marriage Celine Dion is finally revealed, and it’s shocking!
- How to heal a burnt tongue
- 60 seconds of a spoon test: check the internal organs for any diseases!